Monday, October 19, 2009

20 Rep Basics

So I thought I'd explain the basic 20 rep program. You take your 10 rep max squat weight and do one set of 20! You can take as many breaths in between as necessary, but you keep the bar on for all 20. Just one set per workout. You do this 2 or 3 times per week (I am going for 3 MWF) and each time add 5lbs to the bar! While this is all going on, you drink 1/2 to a full gallon of milk each day! The milk hasn't been a problem for me since I love milk and I have been drinking a qt in the morning on the way to work and a qt right before bed each night.

I should have pointed out that my starting weight on Monday 12th was 160lbs. We'll see if I hit my goal of 175 by the end of this. I hope to make 175 and then drop 5lbs (since a fair amount of my gain will be fat). Hopefully 2 weeks out from the end of the 6 weeks of squats, I will be "down" to 170.


No comments:

Post a Comment