Friday, October 23, 2009

20 Rep Success!, Friday, Week 2

What a great end to the week! The 135lbs that had destroyed me on Monday to only being able to do 10 and Wednesday, only 15, was easy as pie tonight! Well, almost...

On the relative scale of the 20 rep program, I'd call it pie, but it still rates up there with a good 15 minute roll in BJJ with a guy who has 50lbs on you! But to top it off, after I knocked out the 20, I threw another 5lbs on there and knocked out another 10! That whooped my butt too, but it was doable. I REALLY feel it though.

On another great note, I weighed myself tonight. It was post-poo, right before workout. I tipped the scales at 165lbs! That's quite a jump. Not 2 months ago I bounced between 145lbs and 150lbs and now I'm 15lbs over that range? Crazy gain. OBVIOUSLY a good portion is fat, but for a guy who could put on neither fat nor muscle before, I am ecstatic. I can also tell I am getting quite a bit bigger and stronger. My back really feels it and I feel like I am way more upright (posture). My legs are also looking bigger, which is good for a guy with chicken legs. I am super happy with what's happened so far. I think I'm addicted to the gains/changes. Hopefully this keeps up for the duration of this program and I see 175lbs by the end (with that 5lbs of fat to burn in the following week(s)).

6 down, 12 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment