Tuesday, November 3, 2009

20 Rep Falter, Monday, Week 4

Well, I was hoping to start the week off better than this, but ended up only pulling 13 reps at 165lbs. Maybe this is a sign that it's going to go in cycles and I just need to get used to that. When I was stuck at 135lbs for a week, I thought that was horrible, so maybe this will be a 165lb week (hopefully just 2 days) and then I will make big gains again. I'll keep it at 165lbs for Wednesday and knock out all 20. Hopefully that goes without incident and I can tack on 5 or 10lbs and do another 5 reps to prepare for Friday.

I have come to like squats and their gains. Since this program is only supposed to be done for 6 weeks and then I need to take a break before doing it again, I think I will investigate some other programs that maybe focus more on increasing 1 rep max or maybe increasing endurance. Not sure which way I want to go with this, but certainly this program is great for tacking on mass. Up to 167lbs now!

10 down, 8 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment